Friday 17 February 2012

Valentine's Day lessons and upcoming attractions



Hello readers. I thought I would give you all a little update about what has been going with in my life lately. It's been a pretty action-packed week as I tried to study for my mid-term and prepare for Valentine's Day. Well I think the midterm went well, but I unfortunately cannot say the same for my Valentine's Day. For those of you who have been following my facebook and twitter updates, you will know that I am in a little ongoing saga with a certain flower delivery company. Well, long story short, they made it right, but unfortunately the damage was done, and a certain special someone in my life did not get flowers delivered to their office on Valentine's Day. But there is a little silver lining to this whole story: the sound advice of Professors T and G, helped me gain satisfaction in this matter. You see sometimes, simply calling customer service to complain does not work, and you have to get a little creative in your thinking, much like my dad in next week's post. What I had to do in this case was employ a very aggressive social media campaign to make the floral company understand that what they had done was unacceptable and that I wanted to be compensated. 


In the end, I got two things out of this little adventure: firstly I got a lovely compensation bouquet and gift card, both free of charge, and secondly, the inspiration for next week's post, "My dad on dealing with the bank's customer service, and his views on the financial crisis". Believe me, even if you think you have my dad figured out, this upcoming story will change all that. If you thought you were good with customer service agents, this will make you look like an amateur. Trust me, I didn't even believe it until I saw the proof.


So there you have it, a little teaser about next week's post and a look into my personal life. For those of you who are wondering about my series on "Television Wars", don't worry, "Episode II, Escalation" is in the works and should be posted soon. 


If you like to read my blog, please be sure to follow me on twitter, @Daniel_Galve  
You can also subscribe for regular updates through my blog, or sign up for the RSS feed.

Stay tuned for more. 

Daniel  

No comments:

Post a Comment