Thursday 9 February 2012

Coming attractions...and a few corrections



Hello everyone. I thought I would give all a little preview of some of the stories I have coming up. But before I get into that, I feel a small correction is in order. I must admit, that having gotten caught in retelling my father's adventures, I may have forgotten to mention a few people. You see this particular omission pertains to my post on how my dad deals with conflict resolution, and moving mountains: this past Sunday, whilst watching the Super Bowl at my brother's house, a good friend of mine, Jules (who defines his line of work as waste management) came up to me and said "hey, nice blog. But where the hell am I in all this?!?!" It's true, it's my fault, because you see Jules is a pretty huge guy, and has an equally big heart. He is the kind of friend who has no problem dropping everything at a moment's notice to help you out...even if helping you involves moving forty tons of earth. And when I mentioned this accidental omission to my parents, they agreed, and my father even commented, "I actually like Jules more than you...he doesn't complain as much!" Thanks mom and dad, really feeling the love here. But it's true. I am sorry that I forgot to mention my good friend Jules. But I feel this is an appropriate introduction to that big old ox, as he will be a central character in a number of upcoming stories, involving my dad and unsolicited home renovations/demolitions. Those upcoming stories will also serve as the perfect backdrop to introduce another important person in my life, my good friend and sister-in-law, and how she deals with stress.


So I also promised you some upcoming attractions: next week's post will actually be the first in a series of many, entitled "Television Wars". You see this particular tale on my dad's crazy/visionary out of the box thinking (you'd be surprised how often those two go hand-in-hand...maybe my dad is right, and he is one of the great minds of our time...and maybe my mom is right, and he simply likes the sound of his own voice...time will tell I suppose) is spread out over many years and too long to tell in a single post. So sit down buckle up, and get ready for a ride on the crazy express. Trust me, I could not be making this stuff up.


Be sure to follow me on twitter @Daniel_Galve


Please leave feedback and commentary. My dad is very excited by the prospect of imparting his wisdom onto the world.


Stay tuned.


Daniel     

No comments:

Post a Comment